Friday 24 August 2012

Drumstick Leaves Stir Fry

I love drumstick leaves stir fried, especially if served together with thick fish curry, wow the taste is so  delicious and unforgettable. I have fried this leaves with grated coconut, I just love it. Let's look at how I prepared this.


Ingredients:

2 cups of drumstick leaves
1/4 cup of grated coconut
1 onion sliced
3 garlic chopped
1 green chili (slit)
1 tbsp of salted water
1 tbsp oil

In a pan, pour oil add in garlic, green chili and onion saute for a minute. Now add in the leaves and stir in, it will quickly clump together, stir and spread it then add salted water, mix the leaves well. Add the grated coconut and stir in mixing the leaves with the grated coconut.

Our stir fry is now ready, do try and let me know how was it.

5 comments:

  1. This is the one I hate during by childhood and still remember my mum scolding for not eating this green ..nice preparation and love to have now..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owww, this had been my favorite for ever dear...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank u dear. . Never tasted grandma's cooking bt mom gt this frm her...

      Delete
  3. Owh... so that's what it's called? Drumstick leaves. I never knew that. You know, typical Indians always just call it murungakirei. LOL. I have 2 tree, and thus the leaves are always available. The sambar you can make from them is none the less awesome too. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman