Sunday 16 September 2012

Prawn in Spicy Turmeric Curry


Ingredients:

300g prawns deshelled
1 onion sliced
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp cumin seed
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp  coriander powder
3 bird eye chili sliced
A bunch of coriander leaves
1/4 cup of water
1 tbsp oil
Salt to taste

In a pan, pour oil add cumin seed let it crackle, then add cinnamon stick, onion, ginger garlic paste and bird eye chili saute for a minute. Now add prawn, turmeric powder, coriander powder stir well then add water, salt and let it simmer until gravy thickens. Garnish with coriander leaves and ready to be served.

Do try it out and let me know how it turned out.


I'm sending this recipe to myspicykitchen's

Seafood feast

4 comments:

  1. This is similar to what my mom makes. Very crispy. I prefer the peeled version though. It's a lot easier to eat! hhmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes dear I have peeled the shell too...hehehe...typo...sorry

      Delete
  2. Yum! I make something similar with different spices. I love such shrimp recipes. Will try this one too. I must have tasted awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes dear...I had it with plain rice it was so delicious...thnk u for visiting...

      Delete

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman