Sunday 2 September 2012

Turmeric Masala Chicken

Today I have cooked Turmeric Masala Chicken for lunch, this is definitely a very simple dish and suitable for people who don't like spicy food. You will need only 30 minutes to prepare the whole dish and it's very tasty. This Sunday have been a very busy day so I won't write much, let's look at how I prepared this dish.


Ingredients:

500g chicken (cut small)
2 onions sliced
2 green chili (slit)
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
2 cardamom
1 tsp cumin seed
1 sprig curry leaves
1tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup water
1 tbsp oil
Salt to taste

In a pan, pour oil add cumin seed, cinnamon stick, star anise, cardamom, curry leaves, onion, green chili and ginger garlic paste saute for a minute. Now add chicken, turmeric powder, coriander powder, water, salt and let it boil until chicken is cooked. Then add black pepper powder and let it simmer until gravy thickens. Now our Turmeric Masala Chicken is ready to be served.

Do try and let me know how it turned.

2 comments:

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman