Saturday 13 October 2012

Chicken Varuval/ Chicken Dry Curry

Wow it has been 9 days since I posted any recipe here, it's all because I went back to my parent's place. I cooked a lot of dishes but no time to update my blog, so I have saved all the pictures so that I can write when I have time. I don't have much time to write so let's go direct to my recipe for Chicken Varuval.


Ingredients:

500g chicken thigh (cut small)
2 onions sliced
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp cumin seed
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
2 sprigs of curry leaves
2 bird eye chili
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp meat curry powder
1 tbsp red chili powder
1 tbsp chili sauce
1/4 cup of water
Salt to taste
Oil to fry


In a bowl, marinate chicken with turmeric powder and salt, set aside


Deep fry marinated chicken in hot oil until chicken is half cooked, 
drain oil from chicken and set aside


In a pan, pour 2 tbsp of oil and fry onion until its translucent


Now add in ginger garlic paste, cinnamon stick, star anise, curry leaves, cumin, 
bird eye chili and fry for a minute


Add in fried chicken and stir with the above ingredients, then add meat curry powder, 
chili powder and water, let all the ingredients above simmer and thicken


Can you see now our gravy has thickened, add chili sauce, salt to taste.

Our Chicken Varuval is now ready to be served!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman