Sunday 21 October 2012

Thalicha Sweet Upma

I'm missing mom and her cooking a lot. today I thought of making my mom's style upma for breakfast. She maked two different type of upma, one is Thalicha Upma for my dad and Sweet Upma for us the kids. Yea Kids! So I have combined both and make Thalicha Sweet Upma, very easy to make I have just added sugar to the normal Thalicha Upma.

Now let us look at the recipe;


Ingredients:

1/2 cup of sooji/ semolina
2 dried red chili (cut half)
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tsp of mustard seeds
A pinch of salt
2 tbsp of sugar
1 tbsp of ghee
1 cup water

In a pan, heat ghee and add mustard seeds to splutter, then add curry leaves, dried red chili. Now add water and let it boil, once water boils add sugar and salt.

Finally add sooji and stir well, sooji will absorb the water and thickens. Mix everything well and turn off the flame and upma is ready to be served.


Do try and let me know how was it!

4 comments:

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman