Sunday 16 December 2012

Indian Style Roasted Chicken

Planning for lunch especially on a Sunday is really tough because that's the only day my husband and brother will be around so I have to think of a dish that will be loved by all of us. I have always been planning to roast whole chicken for lunch and today was the right time for me to make it. I went to market so early and purchased chicken, marinated with spices and roasted it.

The taste was so good and my husband and brother loved it a lot as he said its a nice twist to what we used to purchase from restaurants. Adding carrot and potatoes to the roast makes it a wholesome meal and healthy too. Now without wasting any time let me share with you how I made this;


Ingredients:
1 whole chicken (without head and feet)
1 large potato (cut into wedges)
1 large carrot (cut into wedges)
1 large yellow onion (cut into wedges)
2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
3 tbsp of meat curry masala
2 tsp of chilli powder
1 tsp of turmeric powder
1 tbsp of soft brown sugar
1 tbsp of chilli sauce
1 tsp of cumin seed
1 tsp of fennel seed
1 cinnamon stick
4 pcs of clove
2 star anise
1 tbsp of salt
Water


Mix chilli powder, meat masala powder, cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves, 
cumin seed, fennel seed, salt and some water to make all the above to a paste

Masala paste for chicken

Apply ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder to the chicken, apply this to chicken cavity also

Marinate chicken with prepared masala mixture for at least 30 minutes, 
now apply brown sugar and chilli sauce to the chicken

Once marinated roast chicken in oven 30 minutes to a side for both sides at 150 degrees 
on a rack (temperature and roasting time depends on the chicken's size and oven),
 make sure place a plate below the rack to collect the juice from chicken

Using the juices and oil collected from the chicken mix in potato, onion, carrot 
and bake it until potato pieces are soft. Serve chicken with the roasted potato, onion and carrot.


Now our Indian Style Roasted Chicken is ready to be served.

Do try and let me know how it turned out!


31 comments:

  1. Droolworthy recipe. Perfectly made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super yummy Chicken Roast dear!!! What a coincidence, I roasted a chicken yesterday too, but not whole. I never roasted a whole chicken before.

    I would love that rib part dear...I chop!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too sis this is the first time roasting whole chicken...rib is yours...

      Delete
  3. wow love whole chicken... looks awesome... loved the idea of using the juices to roast the veggies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tq Vimi...nothing goes to waste...hehehe..

      Delete
  4. Love this chicken roast..super yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. love spicy chicken, this sounds so yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicken is getting spicy here. Looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUper tempting checken.....spicy n hot....
    Maha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feel like inviting myself to ur place,irresistible roasted chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  9. drooling here.yumm.love to follow u.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Masaledaar and juicy chicken it looks. Yummy.

    Hey I have shared Liebster & sunshine award pls. collect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Arthy,
    I have often checked out your blog, I love what you are doing. The chicken roast looks awesome. Will try it out next weekend.

    Anisha Kuruvilla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tq dear do let me know how it turned out for u....

      Delete
  12. Hi Arthy,
    I am a frequent visitor of your blog, love your recipes. This chicken roast looks awesome. Will surely try it out.

    Anisha Kuruvilla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman